Microsoft LUIS is a machine learning service which is powered by a natural language processing engine. You can build enterprise-ready, custom AI models and adopt it to any supported messaging platform through Stella.
You need to first go to LUIS to create an App and then fill out the necessary information on our builder for setup: Name, Endpoint URL.
- Create an account with Microsoft/Outlook
- Create a new App on LUIS and select it
- Click "Manage" - "Azure Resources"
- Find "Starter_Key" and copy the "Example Query" which is the Endpoint URL
You can save the "Example Query" in a file in your computer. You will need the Endpoint URL and your App Name for connecting LUIS to Bot Builder.
Connect LUIS on Bot Builder
- Select Integrations at the top menu bar
- Select + Integration button to add new integration
- Select LUIS and click Next
- Fill in Endpoint URL and Name only for integration
- Click Create to connect LUIS when you see the rest of the information is automatically filled.
There are two things you need to manage to create a functioning LUIS chatbot:
- Perform training on LUIS console
- Set up responses to different intents on Stella
For training on LUIS, you may refer to LUIS's documentation.
When you have completed setting up intents, you can copy and paste the created intent names from LUIS console to Trigger and that node will be processed through LUIS.
- Select Triggers at the top menu bar or click + New Trigger button at the node inspector to create a trigger
- Select + Trigger button to add a new Trigger
- Select LUIS in the Basic tab to add a LUIS trigger
- Copy and paste the intent name from LUIS console onto the trigger
- You can now select the LUIS trigger for your node at the Trigger section
- Remember to change the trigger name and then click Save to save the new trigger