A Response is the message your chatbot would send to your users once they trigger this node. You may set one or more responses in one single node. For different types of response objects, please see Messages Types of different platforms.
You can also add random variations to your response, so that whenever different users triggering this node will get a different responses. The variations are sent out randomly and probability is dependent on how many variations you have. For instance, if you have two variations, then the probability of triggering one of the variation is 1/2.
- Create a response in a tree node and input your content
- Create a variation by selecting "+ Variation" in the same response you just created and change the content accordingly.
- You will see different responses when you trigger the tree node multiple times.
You can also display different responses in different locales/languages based on the Facebook user language settings, browser language, Stella web chat plug-in locale selection or even custom language selection conversation flow. You can easily duplicate a set of response in the default language and translate the content to fit another language.
- Create a response in a tree node and input your content.
- Choose and add a locale group.
- You will find the response is empty in this locale group. Copy from a locale group with any existing responses.
- Translate the content to fit your locale group.
- Test and see if you get different responses. For this case, the language of the responses is determined by Facebook user language settings.
- Set no more than 3 responses in one node, otherwise the user will receive a bunch of messages at one time
An advanced response is a Promise function. A response object or an array of response objects can be resolved by the
resolve callback of the promise function. The response(s) will be sent to the user. The member details can be used to produce the response(s).
Selecting a basic response and then switching to "Advanced" mode will give you the "Response Object" of a pre-defined response.
For further manipulation or utilizing the promise function, please do so in "Transform" section under the "Advanced" tab.
For more details on the advanced chatbot concept & usage, you may visit here.