When a user sends a message to your chatbot, an Inbox Channel would be created. An agent can view user's conversation with the chatbot in the Inbox Channel. If needed, the agent can manually activate the Live Chat Mode and chat with user directly.
What is your Result?
When the agent thinks that the user's enquiry cannot be handled by the chatbot, the agent can toggle on the live chat mode and type text messages to interact with the user directly.
The following section will teach you how to view inbox channel and toggle on live chat mode.
View Inbox Channel
- When a user sends a message to your chatbot, an Inbox Channel for the user would be created. Agent would be notified in your Slack workspace.
- The agent can view the conversation in the Inbox Channel.
- In Slack Inbox, the agent can also see the quoted reply by the user.
- The title format of a Inbox Channel consists of some information about the user. Idled time refers to the time period since the user's last message sent to a WhatsApp business account.
- The title of Inbox Channel will change accordingly to the idled time countdown. Each inbox channel will be auto-archived if it has been idled for 2 weeks.
- In the Inbox Channel, click the "i" on at top right corner, then select "About". Then you can view the details of the member. You can also view the member tags added and status of Live Chat Mode, it should be "false" at this stage.
Please make sure the Channel Management settings of your Slack workspace are in default mode. Otherwise, it might hinder the auto-creation of inbox channels.
Open Live Chat Control
- If the agent decides to enter Live Chat Mode manually, hover over a message in the inbox channel, select "More actions" on the right, then select "More message shortcuts".
- You can see a list of Message Shortcuts in the menu. Select Live Chat Control.
- You can see the panel of Live Chat Control now. "None" means that the agent would take over the conversation from the chatbot.
Toggle on Live Chat Mode
- In Live Chat Control, open the dropdown list and select "None". Then select "Proceed".
- You can see Slack Inbox notification about the change in the Inbox Channel. The chatbot is switched off and the Live Chat Mode is on. Now, you can chat with the user by typing text messages. In user's WhatsApp, a Customizable Message is displayed as well. You can set up your own customizable message here.
- Check and see if you can produce the expected outcome.