Embedded sign up flow requires businesses to use a clean phone number for registration. However, in some cases, businesses might want to upgrade to WABA while keeping their usual contact number.
This guide will show you how to migrate a phone number to WABA in embedded sign up, by getting display name approval before deployment.
here.For the usual embedded sign up flow, please refer to
What is your Result?
You can migrate an in-use phone number to WABA in embedded sign up, with minimum downtime.
Embedded Sign up Flow
- After you have subscribed a WhatsApp channel on Stella, a WhatsApp channel will be automatically created in your Stella app. Please head to "Channels" and proceed by clicking "Start WABA Setup".
- Tick to checkbox. Select "Start Setup".
- You will be asked to log in your existing personal Facebook account. New Facebook Account will NOT be approved for Facebook Business Manager.
- Once you have logged in your Facebook account, select "Get Started" to connect your Facebook account to Sanuker. Then select "Continue" to share account and billing permissions with Sanuker.
Create Facebook and WhatsApp Business Accounts
- In Step 1 of 3, create a new Facebook Business Account or select an existing Facebook Business Account.
- Then, create a new WhatsApp Business Account or select an existing account.
- Once the WABA account has been set up, please DO NOT proceed to step 2. Upon completion of part of the embedded signup flow, you have successfully created a Facebook Business Manager and a WhatsApp Account.
Add Phone Number to WABA Manager
- Now, go to https://business.facebook.com/ and login your Facebook Business Manager. You can refer to this documentation for verifying your business.
- In Facebook Business Manager, select "Business Settings". Since you have created a WABA account in embedded signup, you will be able to find "WhatsApp Accounts" under "Accounts".
- Head to "WhatsApp Manager" under "Settings", click on "Add Phone Number".
- Enter the phone number and the display name. Now the display name is pending for approval in WABA Manager.
- When the business verification is completed and the display name is approved in WABA Manager, you can head back to channels and restart the embedded sign up flow.
Deploy the Phone Number
- This time, while registering WABA with embedded sign up, you can choose the Facebook Business Manager you have just set up, and thus the newly created WABA account.
- The phone number you added to WABA Manager will be available in the embedded sign up flow. Choose this number and proceed with the registration.
- Before verifying the number, you have to first make sure your phone number is disconnected from the existing WhatsApp account, otherwise, error will occur during phone number registration.
- Finally, you can deploy the phone number.
Migrate WABA number from another Business Solution Provider (BSP)
If you would like to migrate your WABA number from another BSP to Sanuker, please submit a ticket to us.