Once you got your Stella account, hold on and do no go ahead to build your chatbot. First and foremost, you should connect your account to one of the messaging platform to make sure the bot would work (and you could also test it if it doesn't). You could do the connection in Channels.
Follow me and set up your first chatbot on your Facebook Page now.
What is your Result?
|You should be able to see a Get Started button and also a Persistent Menu on your testing Facebook page. The menu button should be able to open an in-app webview.
Connect to a Testing Page
Go to Facebook and create a new Facebook page for testing purpose.
Now go back to Stella and click "Channels" on the top menu bar.
Click "+ New Channel".
- You will enter into the channel creation workspace. Now, fill in the name and description of your new channel. Click "Save".
Go to "Platform" on the left menu, click on the "Facebook icon".
A new section called "Facebook Page Integration" will expand.
- Click "Connect" and a new window will pop up. Log into your Facebook account and grant access to Stella.
- Grant access to connect to your Facebook pages to Stella. Click "Done".
- Select your testing Facebook page in the drop down menu and click "Subscribe".
Set Get Started Button
After you have successfully subscribed to your testing Facebook page, scroll down to the "Persistent Menu Setting" and set the Get Started button of your chatbot.
The default payload is "GET_STARTED". We will keep it the same now, you can change it later.
Set Persistent Menu
- Click "+ Button" to create a persistent menu button.
- The button details will be displayed on the right hand side. Fill in the title, select the URL button type, and put down the URL of your official website. Click "Save".
Now, go back to the top right and click the final "Save".
Go to your Testing Facebook Page and check if you can get a successful result 🎉
For more details, please see Persistent Menu.
Connect to Different Platforms
For the detailed steps of connecting to all the messaging platforms, you may refer to the corresponding section: